DIME® BEAUTY CO., LLC
Last Update: January 26, 2022
Information We Collect
We may collect or may have collected the following categories of information about you. In some cases, the information we collect may fall within more than one category.
- Contact information and personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your MAC address, IP address, or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age, sex, and gender (some of which may be protected by applicable law).
- Physical characteristics, such as your hair type and color, skin type, and eye color.
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased, returned or considered, and your product preferences.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our website, mobile applications, digital properties, and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on our website or mobile applications, and log file information, which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, and other electronic network activity.
- Health and medical information, such as skincare concerns, diagnoses, medical reports and history.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs and images, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses, and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
How We Collect Information
We may collect or may have collected personal information about you from various sources. The categories of sources from which we may collect personal information are:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase on our website, contact us with a question or complaint, create an account on our website, respond to a survey, apply for employment, or sign-up to receive marketing communications.
- Cookies and automatic collection methods. When you visit our website or use one of our mobile applications, and when you open or click on emails we send you, we (and third parties we work with) may automatically collect information from your browser or device using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Web beacons or pixel tags are small images which are embedded into our website or emails that provide us with information about your browser or device, or whether you open or click on the emails we send you. These technologies enable us, or the third parties who place such technologies, to collect information such as device identifiers and online or other network activity information.
- From social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram. For example, we may obtain your information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on social media or choose to log-in to our website using your social media credentials.
What Do We Do With Your Information?
We may use or may have used the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to you, such as fulfilling orders and processing payments, creating, servicing and/or maintaining your account, assisting with product selection and replenishment, and managing current or past purchases.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you place an order.
- To administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and promotions.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials via postal mail, text message or email, and to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
- For analytics purposes, such as to understand how you use our website and mobile applications, understand your preferred method of purchasing with us; determine what browser and devices you use to visit our website; and to evaluate and improve our products, services, advertisements, website and mobile applications.
- To operate and improve our business, including to respond to employment applications, provide quality assurance, conduct research and development to develop new products and services, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair bugs on our website or mobile applications, and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- We also may use or may have used the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may share or may have shared your personal information with:
- Service providers. We may transfer personal information to service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and that provide website and application functionality, hosting, analytics, advertising and marketing services.
- Parties to a corporate transaction. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
- Advertising Companies. We work with third party advertising companies (such as advertising networks) to serve advertisements on our behalf. For additional information, see the Cookies, Targeted Advertising & Analytics section.
- Other third parties. In addition, we may disclose personal information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, (iv) when disclosure of your personal information is otherwise required or permitted by law, or (v) with your consent.
Your Rights and Choices
ACCESSING, UPDATING, AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have the personal information deleted, as appropriate. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to access, change, or delete your personal information through by emailing us at email@example.com or calling our toll-free telephone number, 801-679-3286.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by email by following the instructions within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL. Please note that if you opt-out from email communications, we may still send you transactional or operational emails. Examples of transactional or operational emails include, purchase or shipping confirmations, password resets, profile updates or other account related messages.
TEXT MESSAGE OPT-OUT
Cookies, Targeted Advertising and Analytics
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. We use different types of cookies on our website, including performance cookies, functional cookies and targeting cookies.
We use the following types of cookies in our website:
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
If you want to manage your cookies, [click here: COOKIES SETTINGS]/[email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
Please note that your opt-out only applies to the browser you use to submit your opt-out, so if you use multiple browsers or devices, you must opt-out on each browser, on each device. Your opt-out is enabled using cookies so once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies on a device, you will need to opt-out again on that browser on that device.
We also work with third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, and Facebook, to show you advertisements or measure the effectiveness of our advertisements. We may convert your email address, telephone number, or other information into a unique value and have these third-party platforms match this unique value with a user on their platform or with other data they may have. This matching enables us to deliver advertisements to you and others on these platforms. You also can request that we refrain from using your personal information in this way by contacting us through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL.
DO NOT TRACK AND ADVERTISING ACROSS DIFFERENT WEBSITES
We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms. Third parties that have content or services on our website, such as a social feature, an analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit HTTP://ALLABOUNTDNT.COM.
We may use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our website, our social media pages, or our mobile applications to help us evaluate and analyze how visitors use these platforms. For specific details on how Google collects and uses information on our website, social media pages, or mobile applications, please visit: HOW GOOGLE USES DATA.
This website is not intended for or directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the website. If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
How to Contact Us
DIME® Beauty Co., LLC
301 W life Science Way
Draper, Utah USA 84020.
Additional Rights and Disclosures for California Residents
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information, we may do so by telephone or email.
SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information for consideration.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the right to request, twice in a 12 month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you during the past 12 months. In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to certain exceptions).
You can exercise your rights by send us an email message at email@example.com or by contacting us at 801-679-3286 Before processing your request, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, which will include verifying that the email address from which you submit the request matches the email address we maintain on file for you. In order to ensure you are the owner of the email address, you must respond to a confirmation email that we will send to such email address. In some cases, we may ask that you provide additional information in order to verify your identity.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. The authorized agent may submit the request through our PRIVACY REQUEST PORTAL and will be required to provide proof that they have been authorized to act on your behalf. If the authorized agent does not provide such proof, you will be required to confirm your identity and the authenticity of the request.
We will not discriminate against you on account of your exercise of your California privacy rights.